Poems, Artistic creations and Educational features linked to Nature conservation and its Beauty
This beautiful painting inspired a BICREF member to create this poem. Enjoy!
BICREF’s Education in Schools and outside Schools:
Conservation Awareness Campaign for our Biodiversity and Vulnerable species
Some of the campaign materials and efforts by BICREF include:
- Biodiversity and BICREF Posters,
- Year of the Dolphin Poster,
- CD with Marine Biodiversity images,
- Blue soft dolphins for young children,
- Exhibitions of Dolphin and Marine life photos,
- Presentations with power point on environmental issues
- Radio and TV interviews
- Features and news clips on the press.
- Public Educational Seminars every year.
- RMSR Best Cetacean Sighting Record Award in collaboration with RMYC running since 2000.
- SCUBA divers and snorkling Biodiversity Monitoring Project running since 2002. Partly sponsored by the AWARE foundation.
SPECIAL Educational DVDs produced:
BICREF EcoMalta is a series of six 15-minute documentaries of various aspects of Maltese Islands Natural Environment from Terrestrial and country side life to Marine creatures. Produced by BICREF in 2002 through the Ecotourism Award it won from the Ministries of Tourism and Finance.
Accolade Award Winning Documentary – WAVES of LIFE, is a one hour long educational documentary on Maltese Biodiversity with particular focus on marine species from coastal to offshore. A fantastic and emotional experience for all those that care of our Mediterranean wild life found on and around the Maltese Islands. This project was carried out through a Grant by the Vodafone Malta Foundation.
Additional short videos produced by our volunteers – example: click here.